To support with learning at home we have collated a range of resources on this page. There are website links and if you scroll down there are documents for each year group.
If you need support, have any questions or would like to share your child's work with their year team please use the following emails:
During this time of closure please continue with the following:
- daily reading (using a range of texts from home, these can be actually books or online)
- times tables rock stars (staff are able to see progress and update remotely)
- home learning projects (these can be found on each year groups information pages, please go to children, click their year then scroll down the page)
To support children's and your mental health these may help:
- look for ideas of exercises you can do at home on the
- spend time doing things you enjoy – this might include reading, cooking, other indoor hobbies or listening to the radio or watching TV programmes
- try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, drink enough water, exercise regularly, and try to avoid smoking, alcohol and drugs
- keep your windows open to let in fresh air, get some natural sunlight if you can, or get outside into the garden
Healthy Hub Coronavirus support in North Herts
North Hertfordshire District Council (NHDC) has tailored its Healthy Hub service to provide residents with information, advice and support in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This will include how to:
- stay mentally well and physically active whilst staying at home
- access essential items such as food and medication
- receive financial support
- entertain and engage children
- stay socially connected
- volunteer your help
Residents can contact the Healthy Hub by calling the hotline on 01462 474111 which is open from Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. Alternatively, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website: www.healthyhubnorthherts.co.uk
Useful links for SEND Support
Each week year groups will be setting a timetable for the weeks learning for those families shielding.
These will go on this page, be emailed home and also a link uploaded to the Garden City Academy group on Facebook.
Nursery and Reception will have activities for each day, these will be on Tapestry so you can send back videos, pictures and comments.
Home Learning - Nursery
Home Learning - Reception
Home Learning - Year 1
Home Learning - Year 2
Home Learning - Year 3
Home Learning - Year 4
Home Learning - Year 5
Home Learning - Year 6